Pages

27 June 2017

Participate in the world's largest sleep study

Yesterday, whilst I was 'burning the midnight oil', I came across an article on the BBC website which caught my attention.  It was entitled, How lack of sleep affects the brain by Fergus Walsh, Medical correspondent http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40036667 .  I started reading through the article and found out that The Brain and Mind Institute in Western University in Ontario, Canada are running a series of on-line cognitive tests which last for three consecutive days and are encouraging participants to take part in the world's largest sleep study https://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/studies/sleep-study which was designed by their Neuroscientists.  Anything to do with Neurology interests me and unfortunately my sleep pattern has been disrupted since about the end of January due to various reasons which I won't go into here, needless to say that I signed up to this study.  I have completed day one and I have been impressed by the scope of the tests which start off easy and become incrementally more difficult as you progress.   The Neuroscientists say the "detrimental effects of sleep deprivation on brain health is a global problem" and with the help of this study, they are hoping to gather enough data to answer questions about sleep and brain health. By using my blog as a platform it is my aim to give this worthwhile study international coverage.  If you choose to enroll on the sleep study you can find out fascinating facts such as "What are the long-term health effects of sleep deprivation?" and "Which types of cognition are most affected by sleep loss?"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...