Pages

15 October 2016

November is National Novel Writing Month


November is National Novel Writing Month otherwise known by the acronym NaNoWriMo.  The aim is to write a 50,000 word novel by 11:59PM on 30 November.  The mission statement of NaNoWriMo is and I quote: "National Novel Writing Month believes in the transformational power of creativity. We provide the structure, community, and encouragement to help people find their voices, achieve creative goals, and build new worlds—on and off the page." http://nanowrimo.org/about

I discovered this website quite by chance towards the end of November last year and by then it was too late for me to participate so I made a mental note and promised myself that I would become a participant in November 2016.  For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write a novel.  I have made several attempts and have written a couple of short stories, more recently my efforts have been hit and miss (more miss than hit) and have not gone further than the first paragraph.  I have always been too harsh and self-critical so now is the time to put aside my self-doubt and let my creative juices flow.  I will do my best.  Even though it is only the 15th October, I wanted to write a blog post about NaNoWriMo in order to encourage other budding writers out there to join in.  I wish all of the people around the world who are participating in the 2016 edition of NaNoWriMo good luck.  I hope we can all make a positive start in achieving our individual goals and even if we don't all succeed in writing a 50,000 word novel in one month at least we will know that we have tried.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...