Pages

13 September 2016

Media vita in morte sumus ~ In the midst of life we are in death



One of my cousin's passed away late on Sunday night and he was buried today.  Unfortunately I could not attend his funeral but I was there in spirit.  I had last seen him two and a half year's ago at my father's funeral.  He had looked so well then and in good health.  Who would have thought that he would be leaving us so soon?  
May he rest in peace.

Whenever there is a death, I find solace in the Latin saying, Media vita in morte sumus ~ In the midst of life we are in death.  It reminds us that death is never far away and we need to be mindful of this fact and acknowledge our own mortality whilst at the same time doing our very best to lead a meaningful life.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...