Pages

28 July 2016

Hebrew lessons

מזל טוב

Apologies for my lack of blog posts.  Since the 14th June, I have been diligently attending Hebrew lessons which are four days a week and three and a half hours a day.  I am so happy to say that after 25 days of lessons I have learnt how to read.  Up until then I had been struggling with my reading in class.  I could recognise the letters of the alphabet but I had trouble forming words and knowing how they were pronounced, as there are no vowels to guide the reader it's all consonants.  Then this week, it was as if a light switch was flicked in my brain and half way during the lesson on the 26th July, when it came to my turn to read a sentence I read it with relative ease and our teacher was so pleased for me.  It's a credit to her tuition skills and my brain.  I had the biggest smile on my face and a great sense of achievement.  Up until then Hebrew had looked totally incomprehensible to me but now it's beginning to make sense.  Even walking in the street has taken on a new meaning as I can now read the general and public information signs, traffic and road signs, health and safety signs as well as shop names in Hebrew.  It's so exhilarating.  I am so chuffed ... it's the best thing that has happened to me in a long, long time.  It's better than winning the lottery after all money can't buy you happiness but learning a new language is priceless.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...