Pages

22 April 2014

Media vita in morte sumus



Apologies for the lack of blog posts.  I have not felt like writing. 
My father passed away on the 26th March.  May he rest in peace.
He had lung cancer and emphysema.  He spent the last week of his life in hospital in the Intensive Care Unit in an unconscious state.  Even though we were able to come together as a family with my brother and I traveling from afar to be by his bedside, we were unable to speak to him before he died.

This past month has been an emotional roller coaster ride with highs and lows.  There has been laughter as well as tears.  My father had a great sense of humour and we would remember funny anecdotes and laugh and also cry.  

Now that he is gone, I try and find consolation from family and friends as well as from books and music.   The Latin saying, "Media vita in morte sumus" (In the midst of life we are in death) strikes a particular chord with me at this time.  It reminds us that death is never far away and we need to be mindful of this fact and acknowledge our own mortality whilst at the same time doing our very best to lead a meaningful life.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...