Pages

15 December 2013

My last post for 2013

This will be my last blog post for 2013 as I prepare to take some time off over the up-coming holidays towards the end of the year.  I hope to get back to writing blog posts again towards the end of January.  My thanks to everyone who reads http://brightlycolouredsunflowers.blogspot.com/ I hope you will continue to visit my blog and find something which interests you.
 
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
 
Here are a selection of beautiful and ornate wooden doors from Sidi Bou Said.
 
Notice how the blue and white tiles and the black and white chequered arch really make this door stand out.


It is the effective use of Tunisian tiles that are on either side of this relatively plain wooden door which add a certain charm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Notice the hand of Fatma sign right in the middle of this door.  As I pointed out in previous posts, when this symbol is used on doors it is to protect house and the people living inside.  

You may like to refer back to an earlier blog post from 6 December 2010 to refresh your memory about the significance of the different symbols and the colours of Tunisian doors http://brightlycolouredsunflowers.blogspot.com/2010/12/it-was-cold-crisp-morning-sky-was-blue.html .



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...