Pages

14 November 2011

Hibiscus


Just when I thought that I must have exhausted the subject of the hibiscus flower that I have come across a very unusual coloured hibiscus flower or at least I ought to say that its colour is unusual as far as I am concerned.  It is difficult to describe its colour exactly it is sort of a mixture of pale yellow and pale pink.  The Wikipedia website says, "The flowers are large, conspicuous, trumpet-shaped, with five or more petals, color from white to pink, red, orange, purple or yellow".   I have yet to see a purple coloured hibiscus. 

It also made me think about the word "unusual".  What may be unusual to one person may be quite usual, common or ordinary to another person.  We could say therefore that our perception of the world around us is quite subjective.

un·u·su·al/ˌənˈyo͞oZHo͞oəl/

Adjective:
  1. Not habitually or commonly occurring or done.
  2. Remarkable or interesting because different from or better than others.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...