Pages

22 February 2011

Inspirational quotes and sayings

I'm so happy to have my own blog, I should have started writing one years ago anyway, better late than never.  At boarding school I was always one of these people who were forever writing diaries and although I foolishly threw most of them out when I left school I believe I still have one or two lurking around somewhere in storage in some foreign country.  A blog is after all, just a modern, electronic version of an old fashioned diary and it is great to be able to include digital photographs to embellish and personalise it.  

Another idea which I had today was to start doing blog posts about inspirational quotes and sayings.  I already have an old fashioned paper note book full of such quotes meticulously written in long hand with a fountain pen.  It is perhaps time to transfer these to the digital world of computers and save them on my blog rather than in an old and dog eared note book.  I will give these the blog label of "inspirational quotes and sayings". 

So here is a good one to begin with:

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.  The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours." 
By Ayn Rand, Russian-born American Author
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...