Pages

20 November 2010

Etsy

I thought it would be a good idea to explain about Etsy for those people who do not know or have not heard about it.  Basically, Etsy is a community based company which was founded in 2005.  It brings people together and enables and facilitates them to buy and sell hand made items on-line.  Etsy says that their mission is "to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers.  Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:  Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade."  Here is a link for the Etsy website:  http://www.etsy.com/ 

Etsy also provide what is known in the blogosphere as "buttons" which enable bloggers to spread the word about their worthwhile endeavour to support handmade.  They also have a page whereby once you become a member of their website for free, you can make a virtual list of your favourite shops selling handmade items.  You can also make a list of favourite items and if you wish you can have as many of your favourite items as you want displayed on your blog.  So this is what I have done on the left hand side of my blog page.  I should make clear that there is nothing to be gained financially by promoting Etsy and the products on sale at Etsy.  I haven't bought anything from Etsy and there is no obligation to buy but I do like to know that I am using my blog to promote something worthwhile.  Handmade items whatever they may be are so special, they are one of a kind and they are lovingly made with care and attention to detail. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...