Pages

26 September 2010

Mediterranean house gecko - Hemidactylus turcicus

I came across a Mediterranean house gecko early this evening and took a photograph of it.  The photograph is a little out of focus because the gecko was perched high up and I couldn't keep my camera steady.  I carried out a search on Google to try and find more about it apparently a Mediterranean house gecko is known as Hemidactylus turcicus.   More information can be found on the following link,  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_house_gecko I was already quite fond of these little reptiles as I know that they prey on small cockroaches.  I had actually been thinking of ways of introducing more geckos into the house to tackle the problem we have with cockroaches.

Figure 1: Mediterranean House Gecko - Hemidactylus turcicus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...