Pages

28 June 2010

The Medina in Tunis

 The Medina in Tunis is classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.  The Medina is a city within a city with markets, mosques and residential areas.  It is always a joy to walk down its maze of narrow cobbled streets and see the colourful wares of the merchants on display.  Here are a couple of photographs I took on a recent visit there.












Please forgive me if this blog is looking and sounding like a tourist brochure but it is difficult for me to contain my enthusiasm for Tunis and for Tunisia as a whole.  At least there is an element of impartiality and objectivity as I am not Tunisian.  As an expatriate living here, I am merely using my blog as a way of extolling the virtues of this beautiful country.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...